firefox os for huawei y360
« en: Septiembre 02, 2017, 10:16:53 am »
hi sorry i speak english, i know firefox os has been discontinued but i loved the operating system and i would port it but i read up and it said to port it i need a minumum of 4GB of ram and i only have 1GB ram and if i did it it would take a week and it also said i need ubuntu so can port it for this phone?

Link to the prerequisites:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/B2G_OS/B2G_OS_build_prerequisites

link to the porting basics:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Archive/B2G_OS/Porting_B2G_OS/basics

Desconectado ensarman

Re:firefox os for huawei y360
« Respuesta #1 en: Septiembre 02, 2017, 11:54:57 pm »
I think you need al least a linux distribution, ubuntu is the mos used and the easiest way to build a rom.   I dont know if it is posible to port FirefoxOS but it could be to build it... but the question is...

can you do it?
La mente que se abre a una nueva idea, jamas regresa a su estado original

« Respuesta #2 en: Septiembre 03, 2017, 07:17:59 pm »
I think you need al least a linux distribution, ubuntu is the mos used and the easiest way to build a rom.   I dont know if it is posible to port FirefoxOS but it could be to build it... but the question is...

can you do it?

No sorry i only have an intel atom CPU 32-bit and the article said that you need a 64-bit CPU to do the porting

Desconectado ensarman

« Respuesta #3 en: Septiembre 03, 2017, 10:32:13 pm »
Firefox OS is under development? I thougth it was stoped the develpment because there is not mobile manufaturers inrterested in that operaing system
La mente que se abre a una nueva idea, jamas regresa a su estado original

« Respuesta #4 en: Septiembre 04, 2017, 05:34:41 pm »
Firefox OS is under development? I thougth it was stoped the develpment because there is not mobile manufaturers inrterested in that operaing system

This is an archive of the page